10 Reasons Why You Need To Focus On Yourself
As I sit here writing this blog, I am reflecting on the changes that I have made in my life within the past 2 years. In some ways, I hate change, but I know that this process is going to benefit me in many ways and how it’s already shifted everything in my life for the better.
This whole process started back in the fall of 2015. Essentially, October 2015 was a complete month of transformation for me. I told myself that it was finally time to focus on my life and make changes that would benefit me, not everyone else.
I went on vacation alone (and it was quite possibly one of the best vacations that I have ever been on), quit my full time job, and got a new one. This all happened within 1 week of each other too!
I also started reading "Light Is The New Black" by Rebecca Campbell and something happened. I started to feel energy shifting all around me. I suddenly became more positive, more ambitious, and felt more connected to myself. And the best part is that my body is thanking me. I've lost all of that stress weight, I haven't gotten a migraine in months, and I'm really happy with the progress that I've made.
“I’d spent the majority of my life looking outside of myself for answers. Reaching for anything I could get my hands on, in order to soothe thesubtle aching, longing, yearning, and calling deep within my soul, which said that there was something I was missing. There was something more.” ~ Light is the New Black
Now, I want to share 10 reasons why you need to focus on yourself and how it can help you change your life:
- Pleasing yourself should be your #1 priority. Once you decide to put yourself first, you’ll start to see what’s real, what’s needed and what’s not in your life.
- This is your life and no one else is going to live it for you.
- You understand every single one of your experiences and why they taught you what they did. There’s a reason for everything but not everyone needs to know it.
- Mind your own business and just do your thing. Everyone else is looking at their phone anyway. Silence the noise around you.
- You do not need to seek approval from anyone else but yourself. Seriously.
- Trust everything that you know and learn everything you don’t. Learning is a part of growth and expansion.
- Create your own schedule — even if you work in a 9-5. Determine whenyou get up in the morning, create a routine that works for you, eat when you want to eat, decide when you need to relax, and when you go to sleep at night. Hell — make every day work for YOU.
- You are the only one who creates your reality. We sometimes think that others influence our reality, but actually — we are in control. We ALLOW others to shift our perception of reality... it’s really just a choice.
- You’re the only one who can change things. Are you ready to take thatleap of faith? Are you ready to change? Think long and hard about this.
- Your mindset dictates EVERYTHING. If you change your mindset, you will change your life. #realtalk
Since I shared 10 things that I’ve learned during my journey, I want you to think about what you can change in your life right now. It could be something large or it could be small. Every small change will eventually lead to a larger one.
This could mean getting up 5 minutes earlier to get yourself ready in the morning or waking up 1 hour earlier to get time in your day for yourself (Hint: make coffee, do yoga, workout, just sit on the couch and relax!). But, make sure you make your change a habit and continually do it every day.
Listen, I know that whatever change you choose to make may suck at first because you're probably going to be super tired with everything else going on in your life. Please know that it's going to be worth it and give it a try sooner rather than later.
Believe in the process of transformation and balance everything in your life to make yourself more centered.
Comment below with any changes that you have made and let me know why they worked for you!
This post includes affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate disclosure.
Feeling stuck and need a little boost? Girl, I get it! Don’t we all… That’s why I created The Self Care Success Kit! Download your copy today!